Monday, February 24, 2014

Good Morning!

As promised I am going to share with you some work from my new devotional.  Enjoy and take heart.  I am fasting this week and believing for great miracles!  Looking for a publisher and a financial breakthrough.  Indeed, my husband makes great money, but he cannot afford to pay my debt.  This is something I must do myself, and I know that God has a plan if I put in the work and honor Him.  But time is running out.  If I don't reap a profit soon I will be forced to send my son to daycare.  Even still can't wait to see what God has in store because he has the best plan, and I believe in His promises.  In the past He has saved me from addiction and death.  So why should I worry?  This week I will post on my fasting experience along with more from my blessed devotional!  God bless you!

Seeking Wisdom
Wisdom has built her house;
she has set up her seven pillars.
she has prepared her meat and mixed her wine;
she has also set her table.
S he has sent out her servants and she calls
from the highest point of the city,
“Let all who are simple come to my house,”
To those who have no sense she says,
“Come, eat my food
and drink the wind I have mixed.
Leave your simple ways and you will live;
walk in the way of insight.”
Proverbs 9: 1-6 p.  997

A desire for wisdom brings perfection and completeness, but we must learn to rebuke the wicked.  Foolishness is prevalent in today’s society but we must learn to hold our tongue and stand firm in our faith.  The wise are treasured and the foolish rebuked.  Wisdom is learned with a strong faith in the Lord and comes at a price already paid for us on the cross.  Learn to keep quiet in the heat of foolishness and pride and your reward is wisdom.

My name is pure and just.  I desire my children to stand firm in their faith so that the doors of righteousness open far and wide.  Wisdom resides at these doors, and I graciously await to open the doors to let you in.  But you must learn from my words of truth and wisdom to shut the door on the evil one.  You do this by calling out my name and seeking for truth.  The beauty of righteousness is rich in wisdom.  Wisdom resides in the heavens eternally.  Make your heart full of wisdom now and you get a taste of the heavens in all its glory and splendor.  But the taste of foolishness narrows your perspective.  Come to me now and desire wisdom.  Trust me, I love you.

“Now then, my children, listen to me;
blessed are those who keep my ways.
Listen to my instruction and be wise;
do not disregard it.
Blessed are those who listen to me,
Watching daily at my doors,
Waiting at my doorway.
For those who find me find life
and receive favor from the Lord.
But those who fail to find me harm themselves;
all who hate me love death.
Proverbs 8:  32-36 

No comments:

Post a Comment