Thursday, February 20, 2014

A New Beginning

H!  My name is Alisa Massey and I am new to blogging.  All the other tools in social networking are keeping me busy enough!  However, since writing my first book I have "gathered" that it is a wise decision to acquire a blog.  Another adventure thus far!

So I begin on this new quest of blogging.  Not sure where to start, but as usual I will follow my heart-

My name is Alisa Massey and I am a Christian author and entrepreneur, and a mother of three fantastic children who love the Lord!  This makes me very happy, and yet another reason to praise God in all his glory.  That doesn't mean life was--or is--easy--but it is certainly doable. 

I am also a recovered alcoholic and addict--a grateful one at that.  I have come to turns that my addiction was part of my fate in life--which brings me to where I'm at now--a living testimony to God's grace and love.

I lost everything because of my addiction including custody of my two precious children Jayden and Annie.  But I have come to terms with that too, and have became an awesome testimony to their lives as well through Jesus Christ!  They love the Lord and attend church regularly with their father and for that I am grateful.  Also, the time we do have together is precious and valuable.  Also, last year we had another blessing enter our lives, Braxton Lee.

Ok, so you can find out more about my testimony in my book Redeemed which you can find at www.alisamassey.com or direct link to amazon www.amazon.com/author/alisamassey, or http://www.amazon.com/dp/1492398969
 
You just never know what God has in store.  After my recovery I obtained a master's degree in organizational leadership with the idea that I could perhaps run a rehab.  Now, I'm back to what I've always been doing all along (just not publicly).  My fourth grade teacher had even written in my journal that I just might be a famous author some day.  Well, I'm not saying I'm famous but I am certainly famous in God's eyes.  The fact that I realize this is an awesome thing.  But this doesn't mean I still don't struggle.  After all, I am still dealing with the piles of debt I incurred while in my addiction--not to mention now the loads of debt from my educational endeavors.  Well, let's just say this keeps my motivation going.  No time to waste!

So where do I go from here?  Not really sure, still waiting for a financial breakthrough, but as before, I am pushing forward.  When I begin to grown weary I stop and remind myself of all that God has saved me from and how far I have come.  And let me tell you, I was a raging alcoholic!  But if I  put that much effort into my addiction at one time, I can certainly put much more effort into my work in present-day.

Now I am working on a devotional--with the help of God.  Writing about God in all His glory and bringing glory to His name is what brings me joy and happiness.  I really was unsure of what to write about with my next book--well, actually I had an overload of ideas but couldn't decide which one to use--so I finally just starting praying for a theme for each day, and voila!  I will start sharing some of my samples of this exiting work as I go.  I'm thinking of calling it "The Perfect Gift," because we all have gifts and talents, and I really never could figure out my calling in life.  But then I just started writing about God through scripture, and he has been speaking to my heart, as I write it on paper.  In essence, it is the "perfect gift," but it a gift to you as well.

See you soon!

Love,

Alisa

No comments:

Post a Comment